August 25th, 2019 Last Updated on: August 25th, 2019
As a photographer myself, I love to highlight the work of other Native photographers!
Ne-Dah-Ness Ross Greene's portraits pull you into the image! She captures the personality of the person through the portrait.
Visit her on social media:
Ne-Dah-Ness Rose Greene Photography
Ne-Dah-Ness Rose Greene of Greene Photography is an Anishinaabe female photographer from Leech Lake reservation, one of the 11 tribes from Minnesota. Ne-Dah-Ness creates her work by bringing beauty and symmetry to Indigenous people, places and things in Indian Country that the average eyes do not see. The camera, various lenses and selecting the right settings are all essential in producing her art. She specializes in capturing many different types of photography: portraits, wildlife, wetlands, black and whites, silhouette and creative indigenous beauty images.
Ne-Dah-Ness is the founder of Native American Women's Empowerment Campaign (NAWEC) which highlights Native American Women in Indian Country from all nations. She created the program to inspire women to challenge themselves in being positive role models for other women. NAWEC has allowed native women to network with one another all around the country, so they can share and utilize common interests and programs to keep their traditions and culture alive. NAWEC offers photoshoots as an incentive to help the women see the beauty within them and highlights their academic and community outreach achievements.
Ne-Dah-Ness says “I do photography because it is an extension of who I am. The camera is my heartbeat and the lenses are my eyes. My photos make time stand still and they make a lifetime of memories for people to cherish. The people that are captivated and impressed by my photos are the ones that continue to inspire, influence and motivate me to create and master my craft in photography. My photos and art will outlive all of us and one day my future generations can look back and see the beauty in our indigenous people.”
Ne-Dah-Ness Greene’s work can be seen:
- Native American Women’s Empowerment Campaign 2017-Current Owner/Founder
- Photographer/Journalist Bobcat Studios — Production Assistant Manager 2018 – 2019
Production Assistant “Betting the Farm.” The American Farm. The History Channel
- United States Hip Hop Coalition 2018-Present Photographer/Journalist Manager
- Minnesota Hip Hop Coalition 2017-Current Photographer/Journalist Manager
- National Black Farmers Association 2017-Present Photographer/Personal Assistant
- The Washington Post May 11, 2018 Top Worldwide Newspaper (Freelance Photographer) Successful Farming Agriculture.com September 9, 2018 Farming Magazine (Freelance Photographer)
- The premiere Magazine of Cowboys and Indians Magazine August 11, 2019 (Delina White Designer)
- Native American Art Magazine August 2011 (Delina White Designer)
- IAMANISHANAABE.COM 2018 (Photographer)
- Northern Lights 2019 https://2019.northernspark.org/ Photographer
- Nibikaang – From the Water July 11 – September 22 Watermark Art Center, Bemidji, MN
- NACDI 2017-2019 (Photographer)
- Anton Treuer (World-renowned Author) 2019 https://antontreuer.com/
- Bobby Brown Productions 2018 Social Media Websites (Photographer)
- 2LiveCrew 2018 Social Media Website (Photographer)
- Montana 300 2017 Social Media Advertisement (Photographer) ● Red Lake Newspaper 2017 (Freelance Photographer)
Home » Blog »
Explore Native Culture
TAGGED: native american photography