August 17th, 2016 Last Updated on: July 1st, 2019
This is the gear I'll be using during Crow Fair, minus the iPhone 6 I used to snap this pic. I use my phone a lot to make photos, as well as for posting in real time and live streaming. It's also missing my spare batteries, my laptop, mic windscreens, and memory cards.
Related Info – Interview with Adam Sings In The Timber
First and foremost are my cameras:
- My main camera is still the Canon 5D Mark II with a Canon BG-E6 battery grip (can't wait for that Mark IV!), an M4/3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, and a Canon Rebel 35mm film camera.
- My lenses for the Canons are a Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II, a Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L, and a Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L; for my Olympus I'm using an Olympus 17mm f/1.8 (34mm full frame equivalent).
- For the Canon film camera, a 36 exposure roll of Fujifilm Color film and a 36 exposure roll of Kodak Tri-X. A Canon 430EX Flash for fill.
- A GoPro Hero3.
- A 360 Fly HD camera and a Mevo Live camera on loan from Powwows.com.
- A pair of Cactus IV remote flash triggers.
- Strobist colored gels.
- A Michron for timelapses.
- A R√∏de VideoMicro for my cameras and a Røde VideoMic Me for my iPhone 6.
- An Olloclip Ultra Wide and 2x Tele attachment also for my iPhone 6, for Live steaming.
- Peak Design Anchor Links.
- A PD Capture Pro, A PD Lens Capture, and a PD PROpad.
- A generic tripod, and a generic monopod that will also be used as an off camera speedlight holder and mic boom.
- And finally, a pair of Audio-Technica¬†ATH-M50x Monitor Headphones (cheaper and better sounding than Beats by Dre in my opinion, but not as stylish.)
This setup will allow me to capture my normal still images but also live stream video during the Powwow, and shoot some video with decent audio. If it fits In my luggage, I'll also take a Marantz PMD660 for audio, but minus my extensive mic collection. I'll also be leaving home my Paul C. Buff Einstein E640 Strobe and light modifiers.
If you want to stay caught up with me during Crow Fair, follow me on my Instagram page: http://instagram.com/singsinthetimber or Like my Facebook page: https://facebook.com/singsinthetimber.photography/ I'll be posting regularly during Crow Fair as live streaming!
Below are a few images from past Crow Fairs!
Home » Native American Articles » Pow Wow » Pow Wow Photo Tips »
Explore Native Culture
TAGGED: adam sings in the timber photography