September 26th, 2017 Last Updated on: September 26th, 2017
The New York Indian Council (NYIC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization serving the economic, social service, and well-being of Native Americans residing in the 5 boroughs of New York City.
What you need to know……..
Who Is Eligible?
1) Enrolled in a state or federally recognized tribe
2) Reside in New York State
3) Be Low-Income
4) Unemployed or Underemployed (work PT or FT employment has been reduced)
5) Be registered with Selective Service (For males 18-25 yrs old)
What Documentation Is Needed?
1) Picture ID
2) Social Security
3) Birth Certificate
4) Tribal Enrollment
5) Income Verification
6) Selective Service Registration (if applicable)
What Services Do We Provide?
1) Fax Machine
5) Copy Machine
Intensive Services May Include:
1) Job Search and Placement Assistance
2) Short Term Pre-Vocational Services
3) Individual Counseling and Career Planning
4) On The Job Training
5) Work Experience
6) Certificate Programs
1) Tuition Assistance (limited)
3) Drug Test
4) Work Clothes (uniforms, business)
6) Other job-related costs
So don't be afraid to reach out if you need assistance! Call 718-215-8417 or for more information please visit https://www.nyindiancoun.org/
Home » Blog »
Explore Native Culture
TAGGED: employment jobs native services new york nyc