PowWows.com is looking for bloggers to submit articles, interviews, photos, videos, product reviews, top 10 lists, and more! We are working to expand our coverage of Native American topics and bring more content to our readers.
The ideal person is a self starter that is passionate about Native culture. Your charisma needs to show in your writing and videos. We are looking for writers passionate about Pow Wows and Native culture.
- Have your articles read by a community of thousands
- Join a community of Native writers
- $25/published article
- Bonuses offered
- Personal computer and at-home Internet connectivity required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technically proficient with computer, mobile devices, and camera.
- Experience with online blogging tools such as WordPress
- Write one 500-1000 word article (at least) every month, with preference on a new posting every two weeks.
- Blogs must be original content
- You must be able to write clearly with minimal grammatical or spelling mistakes.
- Articles must include at least one original image, preferably more. No copyright images permitted
Frequently Asked Questions
- I’ve never written in WordPress, but am interested in writing for The Pow Wows. Is that a deal breaker?
No! Knowing WordPress is a plus. But no worries if you have no experience. We can teach you the system.
- I have a great blog idea, but what if I don’t have a photo?
Depending on the topic, we may be able to use a photo from our library.
- What about deadlines?
No deadlines here! We ask that you post at least once per month. This is on your schedule though!
- I want to write – will I definitely be accepted as a writer for PowWows.com?
We accept writers based on their writing samples and past work. Not everyone is the right fit for our site. Send us a sample and we can discuss your fit for PowWows.com.
- I already write for my own blog or XYZ.com. Is that ok?
Of course! We welcome experienced writers. Content for our site needs to be original and not posted elsewhere however.
This position will be a contract relationship with PowWows.com, LLC.
You can work from your home! This job is part time – you set your hours. We welcome applicants that currently work full time to apply.