Native American Universities and Colleges | Powwows.com

By Paul G on July 30, 2011

Native American Universities and Colleges

For Native Americans across the country, there are many colleges and universities that are run specifically for providing Native American Indians great educational opportunities. PowWows.com is proud to offer an extensive list of all of the quality institutions of higher education for Native Americans right on our website.

After finding the right schools, Native American students can feel free to look up additional information on Native American scholarships, which is also available on our website. Just scroll down to take a look at the great opportunities that are available for Native Americans, both young and old, who want to pursue their higher education dreams.

4 7 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S
P. O. Box 490 Rosebud SD 57570
Old Agency Box 689 Sisseton SD 57262
1341 92nd Street Fort Yates ND 58538
9169 Coors RoadN.W. PO Box 10146 Albuquerque NM 87184
Box 1082 Rural Route #1 Box Elder MT 59521

TOPICS: Native American Colleges

30 Responses to “Native American Universities and Colleges | Powwows.com”

1. Suzan O'Connell says:

You seem to have forgotten United Tribes Technical College located in Bismarck ND. UTTC is one of the oldest of the tribal colleges and has provided higher education opportunities to over 20,000 American Indian students from over 50 tribal nations over the past 43 years. It is owned and governed by the five federally recognized tribal nations sharing borders with the state of North Dakota. Perhaps a visit to the AIHEC web site would be helpful in updating your list which seems to be very dated.

2. Ronald Clouse says:

The American Indian College is located in Phoenix, AZ. We would like information on how we can register our college with your website.

3. Anny Snowbird says:

Keep me connected with powwows in Montana. Member NAJA

4. Julie says:

Hello,

I work for the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College, and the address listed for us is incorrect. It should be:
    13466 W. Trepania Rd
    Hayward, WI 54843
    And our website is http://www.lco.edu

Thank you.

5. thunderzfine says:

Hi, I live in Savannah, Georgia. They have alot of universities, colleges, technical schools here. I want to know if there is a list for native schools out here. thank you,

• Paul G says:

The list on this page are the Colleges and Universities that have Native American programs that we know about. We are not aware of any in Georgia.

6. Cindy says:

Do any Native American colleges have on line classes?

thanks,

7. Cody McGeshick says:

There is no mention of Bacone Christian College. The Oldest institution in Oklahoma (1883). Bacone was originally an all Indian college established by the Baptist church. Now open to all students. Bacone college still offers an AMERICAN INDIAN STUDENT OF PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP, 100% TUITION.

2299 Old Bacone rd.
    muskogee,ok 74403

Bacone.edu

8. Michiel van Hoorik says:

The wolves are disappearing…

9. Chris Jones says:

Please add the University of North Carolina at Pembroke to your list.

10. Allen M. Worob says:

I seek offers in academic administration, and management at the senior level. If you are a recruiter for Native American Colleges, Universities, or Institutes of higher learning kindly contact me at:
    Allen M. Worob – CEO
    Woroco International
    155 Penarrow Road
    Rochester, NY 14618
    [email protected]
    Thank you.

11. Yasmin says:

Hi Paul,
    I’m an indigenous Australia – hoping to undertake post-grad studies in indigenous policy development – hoping to do an exchange in my 2nd year with a native American program specializing in native policy – can u provide any recommendations or contacts? Kind Regards, Yasmin

12. simon says:

Do any of these place have online degrees or courses. I am from the UK.

• Tweed says:

University of Toronto: Aboriginal Worldviews and Education
      by Jean-Paul Restoule (online course)

Intended for both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal learners, this course will explore indigenous ways of knowing and how they can benefit all students. Topics include historical, social, and political issues in Aboriginal education; terminology; cultural, spiritual and philosophical themes in Aboriginal worldviews; and how Aboriginal worldviews can inform professional programs and practices, including but not limited to the field of education.

13. Myron Standing Bear says:

Do you have any listing for any Native Colleges, Universities, Trade Schools in California,other then D-Q.

14. Faith Smith says:

Are there any Native colleges that focus specifically on degrees in Native cultures and are not Christian based colleges? Also, do any of them offer online courses?

15. Kevin Sark says:

Are there any Universities that offer a Masters in Public Health? Thanks

16. Leslie W. Peltier says:

You’ve overlooked the Turtle Mountain Community College. TMCC was one of the first five tribally-controlled colleges founded in the U.S. Founded in 1972 by reservation-based tribal members with a vision of providing culturally-based higher education for tribal members. TMCC is also a member of the American Indian Higher Education Consortium. Check out the true American Indian colleges at the AIHEC webpage.

Turtle Mt. Comm. College
    PO Box 340
    Belcourt, ND 58316

17. Douglas Soller says:

I am very interested in returning to college to complete my education. I did not take advantage of any Native American college funds or grants. I am requesting any help anyone may be able to help me with with grants and aid.

Thank You for pointing me in the right direction.

18. Dylan Solice says:

Good Evening,

I am a Graduate Student, looking for grants and scholarships to help pay some of my tuition. I am a Louisiana educator who is adding on additional certifications as well as pursuing a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership.

Please help me to find grants or scholarships in which I may be eligible for.

Thanks,

Dylan Solice

19. Kevin Sedgwick says:

I want to complete a PhD program in Cultural Anthropology/Archaeology. I am looking for an online program. My G.P.As have been 3.81/4.0 (Bachelors Degree) and 3.9/4.0 G.P.A(Masters Degree). I currently have disabilities that prevent me from attending classes. I have had Diabetes since I was three years old and now cannot walk anymore due to bad knees and hip problems.