By Paul G on July 29, 2011
11 Comments

Catawba Indian Nation Donald Rodgers (Chief)
996 Avenue of the Nations Rock Hill SC 29730
: (803) 366-4792 : (803) 366-0629 Website: http://www.catawbaindiannation.com

11 Responses to “South Carolina Native American Tribes”

1. John A says:

For State Recognized SC tribes, please see the following website: http://southcarolinaindianaffairs.com/members.html

2. Randy says:

http://southcarolinaindianaffairs.com/members.html is not a government website, and holds no official authority to recognize tribes.

3. Susan Barrientos says:

I’m trying to verify my Native roots. We were told we were Cherokee from South Carolina.

4. kathleen Robinette Meade says:

I AM LOOKING FOR MY GGGGRANDMA’S TRIBE.HER NAME WAS Thankful Hun,born in Williiam Penn’s time. was married to my ggggrand pa ellias Francis;moved to ,their son or gson moved to Kentucky in early 1800’s.could you tell me her tribe or any info .she may have been Ssooni too .i don’t know ,i have been trying and looking fo 25 years.It took me 15 years to find her name,I was so touched and happy to find it,I cried for days.I pray for you and your help. GOD BLESS

5. pamela crowley says:

Cherokee powwow nearby Please

6. Jesse D Carter says:

I’ve been told that my great grand father was full blooded Catawba. His name was Sylvanus Branch, born 5-24-1873, possibly in Burke County, NC. He died 7-8-1908, in Morganton, NC. I believe he was the son of David and Martha Branch. His daughter was Lula Mae Branch ( Yount )( my grandmother ), born 9-2-1899, possibly in Burke County, NC. She died 2-17-1936, in Hickory, NC. My mother was Helen Ruth Yount ( Carter ), born 12-30-1929, in Hickory, NC. She died 10-20-2009, in Paris, Tn. I am trying to get information on my Catawba ancestry so I can join the Catawba( Nation )tribe. [email protected] , 731-364-6849.

7. Pamelia Franco says:

My sister and I were told that we are descendents of the Black Dutch Tribe. I believe they derived from the Cherokee, I have no other information than that, We were born in South Carolina, and North Carolina stateline area was where some of our relatives were from. Any help??

8. Tequisha says:

Hey I have been told all my life that I am indian, because of my hair. That my father is Indian I did not get a chance to ask him because he died, but a know that I am different.I have take to Ms. Donna Curtis, if you can help me my father name is Teedie LaRue Moore his birthplace. Was SouthCarolina. Thanks you all it’s been a long time get to get this far.3