By Paul G on July 29, 2011
9 Comments

Catawba Indian Nation Donald Rodgers (Chief)
996 Avenue of the Nations Rock Hill SC 29730
: (803) 366-4792 : (803) 366-0629 Website: http://www.catawbaindiannation.com

9 Responses to “South Carolina Native American Tribes”

1. John A says:

For State Recognized SC tribes, please see the following website: http://southcarolinaindianaffairs.com/members.html

2. Randy says:

http://southcarolinaindianaffairs.com/members.html is not a government website, and holds no official authority to recognize tribes.

3. Susan Barrientos says:

I’m trying to verify my Native roots. We were told we were Cherokee from South Carolina.

4. kathleen Robinette Meade says:

I AM LOOKING FOR MY GGGGRANDMA’S TRIBE.HER NAME WAS Thankful Hun,born in Williiam Penn’s time. was married to my ggggrand pa ellias Francis;moved to ,their son or gson moved to Kentucky in early 1800′s.could you tell me her tribe or any info .she may have been Ssooni too .i don’t know ,i have been trying and looking fo 25 years.It took me 15 years to find her name,I was so touched and happy to find it,I cried for days.I pray for you and your help. GOD BLESS

5. pamela crowley says:

Cherokee powwow nearby Please

6. Jesse D Carter says:

I’ve been told that my great grand father was full blooded Catawba. His name was Sylvanus Branch, born 5-24-1873, possibly in Burke County, NC. He died 7-8-1908, in Morganton, NC. I believe he was the son of David and Martha Branch. His daughter was Lula Mae Branch ( Yount )( my grandmother ), born 9-2-1899, possibly in Burke County, NC. She died 2-17-1936, in Hickory, NC. My mother was Helen Ruth Yount ( Carter ), born 12-30-1929, in Hickory, NC. She died 10-20-2009, in Paris, Tn. I am trying to get information on my Catawba ancestry so I can join the Catawba( Nation )tribe. [email protected] , 731-364-6849.