By Paul G on July 29, 2011
10 Comments

Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Cedric Cromwell (Chairman)
O. Box 1048 Mashpee MA 2649
: 508-477-0208 : 508-477-1218 P Website: http://www.mashpeewampanoagtribe.com
Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head Aquinnah Cheryl Andrews-Maltais (Chairwoman)
20 Black Brook Road Aquinnah MA 02535-1546
: (508) 645-9265 : (508) 645-3790 Website: http://www.wampanoagtribe.net

10 Responses to “Massachusetts Native American Tribes”

1. James Ewing says:

I am a black historian also looking for my native American roots

2. ANNA JARVIS says:

KATERI TEKAWITHA-A MOHAWK MAIDEN(SHE DIED IN 1684) WILL BE CANONIZED A SAINT OCT 21 IN ROME(AT THE VATICAN)THERE IS A SPECIAL MASS OF CELEBRATION IN TURNERS FALLS MA. 01376-AT OUR LADY OF CZESTOCHOWA CHURCH ON K ST AT THE 10:30 MASS ON THAT DAY-LET US SHOW NATIVE PRIDE AND UNITY-ALL R WELCOME-NATIVE DRESS WOULD EVEN BE BETTER!!! THANK U AND GOD BLESS U

3. marimbaguy says:

I’m a music teacher in Washington state looking for a few traditional Wampanoag songs to teach children. Can you name some titles and direct me to recordings or sheet music for the songs? Thank you.

4. Jamie Tourigny says:

My 6th Great Grandfather was King Phillip

5. Anne Lewis says:

iam for finding out my national heritage,im just afraid to dig into it,to find out that there is none there,i have fought for freedom for the indians for many years,and to find out that there is none behind me,i would be very sad.for i think there is something there.

• Kelly Young says:

Dear Anne, There is no doubt you are NA; your heart speaks volumes. No need to dig, no need to fear, no need to be sad. Just keep listening to that voice you hear to reach out and be their good friend and supporter.

You are what is called a Rainbow Warrior, someone born into this time with a red heart, even tho your skin may be a different color. Check out Ed McGaa, Eagle Man’s books who talks about such things. He is a respected traditional Lakota leader, teacher and author.

A piece of paper or history roll can tell you nothing more than what your heart is already crying out.

A sister on the very same path…

6. charlotte says:

I am looking for my roots.My great ggrand mother was full blooded cree or creek(my dad was dying when he told me this.I always knew we were native americans.He said she was from up around Massachusetts or Maine.Her name was Lenora Gueno..She married my grand father,Mose Eads and eventually they settled in the mountains of West Virginia.My children also have indian in them from the other side of the family.How can I find out these things.All of the elders have passed and I cannot afford to pay a site to search as I am on disability..It’s something my children would love to know..Cn someone help me?

7. Jeanette Tates says:

Im from Long Island NY. Port Jefferson My parents our Indians and come from two tribes there what can I do for my rights as a Indian in this state Ca.