By Paul G on July 29, 2011
10 Comments

Jena Band of Choctaw Indians Christine M. Norris (Principal Chief)
P.O. Box 14 Jena LA 71342
: (318) 992-2717 : (318) 992-8244 Website: http://www.jenachoctaw.org
Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana Earl J. Barbry, Sr. (Chairman)
P.O. Box 1589 Marksville LA 71351
: (318) 253-9767 : (318) 253-9791 Website: http://www.tunicabiloxi.org
Chitimacha Tribe of Louisiana John Paul Darden (Chairman)
P.O. Box 661 Charenton LA 70523
: (337) 923-7215 : (337) 923-9914 Website: http://www.chitimacha.gov
Coushatta Tribe of Louisiana Kevin Sickey (Chairman)
P.O. Box 818 Elton LA 70532
: (337)-584-2261 : (337)-584-2998

10 Responses to “Louisiana Native American Tribes”

1. terry free says:

How can I find out what tribe me and my family are part of.

2. Shawni McKenna says:

I used to live in IL and WI. I attended many Pow Wows – even camped at Lac du Flambeau. Now I live in MS near LA. Do you know of any celebrations near me? I have asked and looked, but haven’t found anything. Either way, thank you in advance for your time.
    Big Bear

3. Duplantier says:

Hi I was wondering about my families lineage and would like to know if there are any active/enrolled Duplantier’s in Louisiana tribes? Thanks

4. Ron says:

I heard there is a Pow Wow for the Chitimacha Tribe of Louisiana. I Do you have a date?
    Ron

5. Jimmie Mae Fulcher says:

I’ve been by my mother that her father Jhon Adams, son of Anna Boon was a part Choctaw, how can get information on that.

6. Annie Holloway says:

my name is Annie when I were a little girl me and my grandmother used to talk about her family she is Choctaw she and her auntie left their reservation and came to live some where outside the reservation she told me that her mommy had 22 children and now I want to find my family and my daddy father were a Cherokee I knew both of grand parents so would you tell me where to begin I want to find my grandmother family and then my grandfather family. I am a native American just out of place. Shalom!

7. Susan says:

Hello Everyone! My journey is leading me to the Choctaw Nation and I want to know the process of how to become a tribe member. I want to re-connect to my tribe and serve in the Native American community using my talents and gifts. Thank you!