Arizona Native American Tribes

By Paul G on July 29, 2011
Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Clinton M. Pattea (President)
P.O. Box 17779 Fountain Hills AZ 85268
: (480) 837-5121 : (480) 837-1630 Website: http://www.ftmcdowell.org
Ak-Chin Indian Community Delia M. Carlyle (Chairperson)
42507 W. Peters & Nall Road Maricopa AZ 85239
: (520) 568-1000 : (520) 568-4566 Website: http://www.ak-chin.nsn.us
Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Diane Enos (President)
10005 E. Osborn Road Scottsdale AZ 85256
: (480) 362-7400 : (480) 362-7593 Website: http://saltriver.pima-maricopa.nsn.us
Colorado River Indian Tribes Eldred Enas (Chairman)
26600 Mohave Road Parker AZ 85344
: (928) 669-1281 : (928) 669-1391
Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe Ernest Jones, Sr. (President)
530 E. Merritt Street Prescott AZ 86301-2038
: (928) 445-8790 : (928) 778-9445
San Juan Southern Paiute Tribe Evelyn James (President)
P.O. Box 2710 Tuba City AZ 86045
: (928) 283-5539 : (928) 283-5531
Tonto Apache Tribe Ivan Smith (Chairman)
#30 Tonto Apache Reservation Payson AZ 85541
: (928) 474-5000 : (928) 474-9125
P.O. Box 9000 Window Rock AZ 86515
: (928) 871-6352 : (928) 871-4025
P.O. Box 123 Kykotsmovi AZ 86039
: (928) 734-3100 : (928) 734-6665 Website: http://www.hopi.nsn.us
Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation Mike Jackson, Sr. (President)
P.O. Box 1899 Yuma AZ 85366-1899
: (760) 572-0213 : (760) 572-2102
Tohono O'odham Nation Ned Norris, Jr. (Chairman)
P.O. Box 837 Sells AZ 85634
: (520) 383-2028 : (520) 383-3379
Kaibab Band of Paiute Indians Ona M. Segundo (Chairwoman)
HC 65 Box 2 Pipe Spring AZ 86022
: (928) 643-7245 : (928) 643-7260
Pascua Yaqui Tribe Peter Yucupicio (Chairman)
7474 South Camino De Oeste Tucson AZ 85757
: (520) 883-5000 : (520) 883-5014 Website: http://www.pascuayaqui-nsn.gov
White Mountain Apache Tribe Ronnie Lupe (Chairman)
P.O. Box 700 Whiteriver AZ 85941
: (928) 338-4346 : (928) 338-1514
County 15 & Avenue G Somerton AZ 85350
: (928) 627-2102 : (928) 627-3173
Yavapai-Apache Nation Thomas Beauty (Chairman)
2400 W. Datsi Street Camp Verde AZ 86322
: (928) 567-3649 : (928) 567-1048 Website: http://www.yavapai-apache-nation.com
P.O. Box 10 Supai AZ 86435-0010
: (928) 448-2731 : (928) 448-2551
P.O. Box 0 San Carlos AZ 85550
: (928) 475-2361 : (928) 475-2567
P.O. Box 179 Peach Springs AZ 86434
: (928) 769-2216 : (928) 769-2343
Gila River Indian Community William R. Rhodes (Governor)
P.O. Box 97 Sacaton AZ 85247
: (520) 562-9500 : (520) 562-9729 Website: http://ww.mygilariver.com

Comments

TOPICS: Native American Tribes

17 Responses to “Arizona Native American Tribes”

1. Virginia Rodriguez says:

My grandfather was Indian and work for Sante Fe RailRoad 1888, his name Tranquilino,Lopez from William,AZ born in Mexico just need to know his Indians tribe name.

He work for Sante Fe as Track Layer for 35Years. Sante Fe hire a lot of Indian, Tribes at that time to work for them. Need help finding my grandpa Indian Tribe name.

2. Kathryn Paul says:

I am trying to locate anybody that may know of Felice Olivares, born in Meza Arizona around 1919 on not sure but Hopi Reservation.
    Trying to find family for family tree, and would like more information in family Heritage.
    Please contact at this email address….

3. Felipe C Perez says:

Hello!! I have information about the legendary Chicomoztoc (Place of the seven Caves) I found the “Bent Hill” it is in my hometown in Jalisco Mexico,I also believe there were two “Aztlan” one in USA and the New Aztlan (in Michoacan Mexico) this will explain the route the seven Nahuatlaca tribes fallowed in search of the “Signal” (An eagle on a “Nopal” (cactus) eating a snake, actual Mexican Seal in the Mexican Flag ) to build the Aztec Empire and their big City “The Great Tenochtitlan” later destroyed By The Spaniards Conquistadors (Hernan Cortez)I have an explanation why I believe this is true, Meshica (Aztecs)lived in “Aztlan” and departured south in 1064 AD these event was trigered by the eruption of the volcano in North-East Arizona.(see the Great Crater in wikipedia.com)

4. Sonia Lopez says:

Hi am searching for info on my fathers side family. He was born in Arizona, name is Dolores Valencia Lopez, the middle name is suppose to be his mothers maiden name. There is a road thats named after them and its were he says hiks home (ranch) was. Hes a very quiet man so he dont speak much about his family. He was born in 1939. Most of my 1st and 2nd cousins live in Casa Grande. I cant ask them cuz they dont know much either (theyre younger than me). My dad has made comments that his mother was indian from Mexico. Im sure he stated that his dad was indian too. If anyone can help me, i knyow i got Native Indian blood running thru me, ive always felt spiritually indian.

5. Joe tamayo says:

I AM APACHE , LOVE MY CULTURE AND I LOVE POWWOWS.COM

6. alberta benzor says:

I was born in yuma in 1963. My grandmas maiden name was mendez. Her first name was ruth. My mom says we are pima and hopi indian. My grandfathers name is miguel orta. My moms name is delphina orta. I would really like to find out more

7. Alexandria Jackson says:

Trying to locate my father……I have not heard from him in years. He is Navajo and his name is Robert Jackson. Anyone in the Navajo rez know of him? Please let me know.

8. Joyce Rios Stewart says:

My grandmother was full blood Apache! My father told me as a child he was born on a reservation by Steens Pass! Not sure which state,N.M, or Az. Cousins thought Arizona? Last names were Garcia , and Trejo! Dad said Jicarrilla, but not sure! Can you help? Called tribal office and the woman was very rude to me! Thank You,Joyce Stewart.

9. Joyce Rios Stewart says:

Grandmothers name was Catalina Garcia.

10. mary cervantes says:

Hi. My name is Mary Cervantes. I would like to know which tribe my daughters grandmother is from. All the info I have of her is her name- Francis Ramirez, and resides in Phoenix, Arizona. She was married at one time to a Mr. Joe Marin if that helps. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I might start looking.

11. valiant phipps says:

I am trying to find information on my families genealogy my moms side if from Pinon AZ here her name was Arlene Cooke. I she and my grand parents Mary and Luke Cooke are deceased and I am finding it hard to find information I need to get paper work started to be get my own census number. any one that could help me would be awesome.

12. Felix Talavera says:

First of all I would like you to know you have a very awesome website. I would like to know if anyone or where I could find any Info about my Father (Feliciano A. Talavera) he passed away in 1979,
    I do know he was born in Bowie, AZ. Since I was small he’s
    always told me that we were Yaqui Indian.

13. Lori Chavez says:

Hello everyone on the pow wow site. I started to get information on my family tree with my daughter and I need all the help I can get for everyone. My great grandfather was born in Sonora, Mexico under the name of Jose Jesus Valdez and spoke the Cochise language, I can’t remember what my mother said either my great grandfather or my great grandmother was Yaqui Indian, my mother died 34 years ago when I was young, what I need is to find out how I can find out if it was my great grandfather or my great grandmother or both that were Yaqui Indian. Can someone please help guide me in the right direction

14. Lori Chavez says:

sorry hit the enter button to soon. I wanted to thank everyone on this site and everyone who can help me on this. Happy holidays and be safe. Thank you all again. Lori Chavez

15. Jeanell W says:

Thank you for the Wonderful site. I am a full blooded Apache from AZ, my Children are 1/2 Apache & 1/2 Kiowa. And they enjoy looking at all the articles here, my eldest Mahtaun uses the site for articles in her school papers. My Son Eagleman enjoys the music & my youngest daughters: Moonlight, Rain and Sunshine Little Flower love dancing to the music as well. I use my children’s Native American name, they were given to them by there grandparents at birth. THANK YOU!

16. Rob Estrada says:

I am 1/4 Apache. My paternal Grandmother was born on the San Carlos Reservation in 1897. Her name was MA-Che’ (Yawning Girl) My DNA tests have confirmed what I know that my native blood is a 100% match to both the White Mtn. and the Res. in Oklahoma. My Apache Great Grandfather was killed and my Great Grandmother married a Mexican man with the last name Morales. My Grandmother attended a Catholic social function in 1916 where the girls were allowed to do the traditional dances and this is where she met my Grandfather, Leo Estrada. I don’t know her clan name and I can’t find her birth record, only Bible records. The Genetic Lab says that I’m a close relative of the Palmer Family. If any one can help, please let me know.